A couple a weeks ago I made some chocolate cupcakes, and I wanted to add some icing or something like that to make them tastier, so I made coffee buttercream and made them mocha cupcakes 🙂
This is just the recipe for the Buttercream because I actually didn’t write down the recipe for the cupcakes… But I will make these cupcakes again soon and make sure to add a cupcake recipe.
But don’t worry, because you can use this Buttercream for a wide range of other cakes or desserts, so get creative, and let me know what you’ve used it for 😀
– A friend of mine used it with chocolate cupcakes from a box and she said it worked perfectly, so you can do that as well!
The recipe is enough for at least 8-10 big cupcakes.
- 75 g (2.6 ounces) of butter
- 150 g (5 ounces) of powdered sugar
- 4 tablespoons of Nescafe
- 3 tablespoons of boiling water
- Mix the Nescafe with the boiling water and let cool to room temperature
- Use an electric mixer to soften up the butter a little
- Add the powdered sugar a little at a time and mix well in between
- Add the coffee mixture and mix well
Now you can put the buttercream frosting on your chosen cake and enjoy!
You can also use this Buttercream as a filling in, for example, croissant, find a croissant recipe here.
I hope you liked this recipe, and I’d love to hear from you about what you did with it 🙂
Lots of love, Anne