In my everyday life, I don’t have a lot of time for breakfast. I work full time as a substitute teacher, so I have to be at work at 7.40 in the morning, meaning I leave home at 7.20 am, and being someone who loves to sleep in just another 10 minutes, breakfast is usually a dry piece of bread or an apple while I’m running out the door.
This means that on the weekends or on the rare occasion that I have a have a day off, I love to spend a little time on breakfast, especially because I know how important the meal is!
One of my favorite breakfasts is this spicy Asian scrambled eggs that I had in India last spring and changed very slightly, to be able to eat it often.
Another one of my favorite breakfasts is this banana and strawberry smoothie.
The quantities below are for one person.
- 2 eggs
- 2 teaspoons of red curry paste
- So I happen to like spicy food, you can use less or more as you please
- 1 tablespoon of milk
- 1 teaspoon of ground ginger
- 1/2 teaspoon of salt
- 1 teaspoon of coconut oil
- Optional: Fresh Parsley
- Put the coconut oil on a frying pan over medium heat
- Add the eggs, milk, ground ginger, salt, and curry paste to the pan
- Stir until everything is mixed
- Cook until it gets the consistency you like
When I eat this I like to put the scrambled eggs on top of a piece of Danish Rugbrød (Rye bread) that I’ve toasted, put some fresh parsley on top and eat it with ketchup, because I love ketchup 🙂
I’d love to hear about some of your favorite breakfast meals, and how you cook them!
Lots of love, Anne