I love Panna Cottas because they are so simple yet so very delicious!
I make a version with 5 ingredients and it takes 15 minutes to prepare, serves 8, and tastes great 🙂
Originally this recipe is from a friend of mine who is born and raised in a small town outside of Milan, but hers was with vanilla which to me was a little overpowering so I changed a little bit. If you’d rather make the original one switch out the white chocolate with vanilla beans.
- 500 ml (17 ounces) of heavy cream
- 100 ml (3 ounces) of milk
- 40 g (1.5 ounces) of granulated sugar
- 170 g (6 ounces) of white chocolate
- 3 sheets of gelatin
- Put the milk, the cream, and the sugar in a saucepan and bring to a boil
- Break the chocolate into smaller pieces
- Put the gelatin in cold water and leave for 5 minutes
- Put the chocolate in the cream mix, stir until all the chocolate is melted
- Drain the water from the gelatin and put it in the mix, stir until it’s all melted
- Pour into 8 (And yes there are only 6 in the picture, but I only have 6 that match 😉 ) little bowls and put them in the fridge
- They should preferably be left overnight, but if you’re in a hurry, then you can make do with 4-5 hours
So there you have it, my easy recipe for Panna Cotta, I hope you enjoy it!
I’d love to hear what you think or if you have different recipes that I should try out.
Lots of love, Anne