Over the past weeks in Denmark, we have been super fortunate because the weather has been simply extraordinary, we’ve had sun and between 25ºC – 28ºC (77ºF – 82ºF) which is warm in Denmark!!
Naturally, this means that I’ve been in full summer mood and something I absolutely need in the summertime, is smoothies! They are so perfect because they are cold, refreshing, healthy and you feel like you are having a “cheat day” (Who are we kidding, I have a cheat day every day…), like you are eating a sweet snack.
So as far as smoothies go, you can make a million different types with literally anything in them, but one that I always find that everyone loves is the banana and strawberry smoothie – so I’ll share my version of it with you!
If you want me to share more of my smoothie recipes let me know 🙂
- 2 bananas
- 400 g (0.8 pounds) of frozen strawberries
- I use frozen ones so that I don’t have to put in ice cubes if you use fresh ones just add in some ice cubes to make up for it 🙂
- 2.5 dl (1 cup) of yogurt
- If you like vanilla this can very well be vanilla yogurt – it’s pretty great!
- 1 dl (0.4 cups) of orange juice
- This can be left out if you don’t like orange juice
- 2 teaspoons of lemon juice
- This is optional, but I like the acidity
- Put everything in the blender and mix
- I suggest not putting the frozen strawberries in the bottom of the blender because some types of blenders might not be able to “handle” it 🙂
So there you have it, my go-to summer drink and snack.
What is your go-to summer drink?
Lots of love, Anne